The British Royal communications team has a lucrative vacancy – the post of a Digital Communication Officer for none other than Queen Elizabeth II. The social media manager of the royal household will have to find “new ways to maintain the Queen’s presence in the public eye and on the world stage” says the job listing website. The job which will based in the Buckingham Palace will pay a salary of 30,000 British pounds which is equivalent to Rs 26,57,655!
As the job listing says “knowing your work will be viewed by millions” is perhaps the biggest perk and it being shared around the world your “biggest reward’. Your social media posts and feature articles are bound to garner incredibly high visibility as you will be working for the Royal family of Britain. Apart from the obvious perks of the generous salary, the benefit package of the job includes “a 15% employer contribution pension scheme (after 6 months), 33 days annual leave including bank holidays, free lunch, and access to training and development to support your continuous professional development.”
Moreover, apart from the state visits and the occasional Royal engagement, you need to remember that your “reputation and impact will be at the forefront of all you do” and “the reaction to our work is always high-profile”.
What will the Queen’s social media manager have to do?
As per the job listing on the Royal’s website, here is what the job role entails:
- Finding new ways to maintain The Queen’s presence in the public eye and on the world stage
- Engage a worldwide audience with the public role and work of The Royal Family
- Manage and oversee the daily news flow on digital and social networking platforms, as well as play a key part in some of the digital projects
- Create content for social networking and digital platforms, including our newly launched website, as well as researching and writing feature articles
- Make sure our digital channels consistently spark interest and reach a range of audiences whether you’re covering a state visit, award ceremony or a Royal engagement
- Help hone and shape our digital communications through analytics, monitoring and exploring new technologies with an eye to the future
What are the eligibility requirements for the social media manager vacancy?
Here are the eligibility criteria as per the job posting on the website of the royal family:
- Educated to degree level with previous experience of managing websites and delivering successful digital communications and projects
- Experience of creating and publishing digital and social media content — you’ll be confident using a range of content management systems, social media platforms and analytics tools
- Abreast of the latest digital communication developments
- Innovative and with creative flair — you’ll also have accurate and compelling written and editorial skills, with expertise in designing digital content for different audience groups, purpose and formats
- Good photography skills with experience producing live social media content; video production skills would also be highly desirable
- Should have initiative and a flexible approach
- Excellent planning skills, and ability to quickly respond to changing priorities — you’re able to deliver in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Natural communicator with a genuine user focus — you’re self-assured liaising effectively with a broad spectrum of people on a daily basis
More details about the job as Queen’s social media manager
Household/Department: Private Secretary’s Office
Section/Branch: Royal Communications
Location: Buckingham Palace
Contract/Recruitment type: Permanent
Salary band: circa £30,000, dependent on experience
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What are you waiting for? Go and apply!!